Declutter Your Life: Top 10 Items to Return to Self Storage After Winter
March 23rd, 2023
As winter comes to an end, it's the perfect time to start spring cleaning and decluttering your life. One area that often gets neglected is your self storage unit. It's easy to forget about the items you've stored away for the season, but now is the time to take inventory and decide what to keep and what to return to self storage. In this article, we'll provide tips for organizing your self storage unit and highlight the top 10 items to return to self storage after winter.
Tips for Organizing Your Self Storage Unit
Before we dive into the items to return to self storage, it's important to first discuss how to organize your self storage unit. A well-organized unit will not only make it easier to find items but also prevent damage and make it easier to declutter in the future. First, consider investing in shelving units to maximize vertical space. This will prevent items from piling up on the floor and make it easier to access items. Label each shelf with the items it contains for easy identification. Next, group similar items together. For example, all holiday decorations should be in one area, while outdoor equipment should be in another. This will make it easier to find items when you need them and prevent disorganization. Finally, create an inventory list of everything in your self storage unit. This can be done digitally or on paper, but it's important to have a record of all items in case anything goes missing or gets damaged.
Top 10 Items to Return to Self Storage After Winter
- Winter Clothing and Gear: As the weather warms up, it's time to pack away your winter clothing and gear. This includes coats, boots, hats, and gloves. Make sure everything is clean and dry before storing to prevent mold and mildew.
- Holiday Decorations: Christmas lights and ornaments, Halloween decor, and other holiday decorations can take up a lot of space in your home. Return them to self storage until it's time to decorate again.
- Seasonal Sports Equipment: Ski gear, snowboards, and ice skates can be safely stored away until next winter. This will free up space in your home and prevent damage to the equipment.
- Unused Furniture: If you have furniture that you don't use during the winter months, such as outdoor patio furniture or a grill, consider returning it to self storage. This will protect it from the elements and prevent damage.
- Outdoor Equipment and Tools: Snow blowers, shovels and other outdoor equipment can take up valuable space in your garage or shed. Return them to self storage until you need them again.
- Documents and Files: If you have important documents or files that you don't need to access regularly, such as tax records or old receipts, consider storing them in self storage. This will free up space in your home office and protect the documents from damage.
- Winter Recreational Vehicles: If you don't ride your winter toys, such as snowmobiles, during the Spring/Summer months, consider returning them to self storage. This will protect them from the elements and clear up some garage space!
- Camping Gear: Tents, sleeping bags, and other camping gear can take up a lot of space in your home. Return them to self storage until it's time to go camping again.
- Seasonal Decor: Winter and Fall Decor, such as Christmas Trees or lights, can be safely stored away until next year. This will free up space in your home and prevent damage to the items.
- Winter Lights: Holiday lights can take up a lot of space in your home. Consider storing them in self storage with climate control features to protect them from damage.
Why Dillon Self Storage is the Best Option for Storing Your Items
When it comes to storing your items, you want to choose a facility that is secure, affordable, and convenient. Dillon Self Storage checks all of those boxes and more. They offer 24/7 security monitoring and keypad access to ensure your items are safe. In addition to their top-notch security measures, Dillon Self Storage offers affordable rates and flexible rental terms. You can rent a unit for as little as one month or as long as you need. And with their convenient online payment system, you can easily manage your account from anywhere.
Decluttering your life can be a daunting task, but returning items to self storage is a great place to start. By following our tips for organizing your self storage unit and returning the top 10 items listed above, you'll be well on your way to a more organized and clutter-free life. And if you're in need of a self storage facility, look no further than Dillon Self Storage. They offer everything you need to keep your items safe and secure. Contact us today to learn more!